Binge Eating Disorder Questionnaire
Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is the most common eating disorder among US adults and more than twice as prevalent as bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa combined. It affects 3 million US adults. BED occurs in normal weight, overweight and obese people.
The following questionnaire is to review and begin a discussion if you or a loved one suspects they may have BED. This does not take the place of a diagnosis from a medical professional. If you find that you have answered 2 or more of these with yes, you may benefit from professional help. Please call or email me if you would like to talk.
- Do you often eat within any 2-hour period what most people would regard as an unusual amount of food?
- During these binges, did you eat:
- Much more rapidly than normal?
- Until you felt uncomfortably full?
- Large amounts of food when you didn’t feel physically hungry?
- Alone because you were embarrassed by how much you were eating?
- Was it very upsetting to you that you couldn’t stop eating or control what or how much you were eating?
- How often did you binge? Is it more than 2 times per week?
- Do you worry that you have lost control over how much you eat?
- Would you say that food dominates your life?
*Data from www.bingeeatingdisorder.com